Welcome to Kråkenes Lighthouse. Here you can spend the night and experience the best of nature. During the season you can be served coffee and cake in the lighthouse cafe.
IN THE LIGHTHOUSE BUILDING
The Stormsuite consists of three rooms on the top floor of the lighthouse. It has a living room, dining room, kitchenette, and bathroom. Max 4 people can stay in the Stormsuite. One must bring your own clean bed linen or one can rent bed linen from us. . You must wash and clean the house before you are leaving. It is wherry important that you read the information you will find in the house when you arrive. For more information see our booking site.
Prices in 2021 / 2022 Pr. night:
- NOK 2000,- not member of DNT
- NOK 1700,- if you are a member of DNT
The Stormhouse is the house where the Lighthouse assistant lived with their families. It was built in 1930. It’s a cozy little house and is well equipped. On the second floor, you will find two living rooms with a dining table. Kitchen with a dining table, Refrigerator, Stove, Coffee maker, Kettle. Everything you need to make a good meal. One bedroom with 4 beds
On the third floor, there is two room with a double bed. Both with own toilet room.
On the first floor, you will find a 3 beds room, a shared bathroom with a shower, and a laundry room.
You must take with you Bed linen, otherwise, you can rent it with us. You must wash and clean the house before you are leaving. It is wherry important that you read the information you will find in the house when you arrive.
PRICES 2022, MEMBER OF DNT /NOT MEMBER
- Rom 1 (3 beds) NOK 800,- / 1000,-
- Rom 2 (4 beds) NOK 800,- / 1000,-
- Rom 3 (double beds) NOK 1100,- / 1250,-
- Rom 4 (double beds) NOK 1100,- / 1250,-
- Towels, pr. person NOK 50,-
- Bed linen, pr. person NOK 150,-
- Free cancellation for all bookings up to 5 days before arrival at no cost.
- Ex: A stay on Friday must then be canceled no later than Sunday at 23:59.
- Cancellations made 0-4 days before arrival day are charged in full and must be notified to us as soon as possible.
- Bookings for a house can be moved to another date and/or another of Ytre Nordfjord Turlag’s houses within 5 days before the original arrival day.
- Such changes are made by e-mail to email@example.com
Cancellation must be done through the online booking site on “my page” or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching the receipt.
Link to my page: https://my-page.visbook.com/5552/login?lang=en
INFO RENTING KRÅKENES LIGHTHOUSE
The hole 3rd floor of the lighthouse house has at your disposal. Living room with sofa bed, dining room, bedroom, bathroom with shower and toilet, and a kitchenette. Here can a group of up to 4 people rent. One must bring your own clean bed linen or one can rent bed linen from us. Please do not go up in the suite with outdoor shoes.
The café on the main floor is open from Easter to out August every Saturday and Sunday. From 11.00 to 17.00
located approx. 50 m from the lighthouse and consists of, a kitchen, living room, bathroom w/shower, 2 double bedrooms w/ private toilet and two bedrooms with 3 and 4 beds. One must bring your own clean bed linen or one can rent bed linen from us.
COMMON RULES FOR BOTH HOUSES
- Bed linen located on the beds should not be removed, a new linen should be taken over.
- Used rented bed linen and towel are placed in marked sacks in the laundry- room. Cloths and tea towels are placed in marked basked.
- Waste is placed in the waste bins in the shed outside the lighthouse, please sort the waste.
- Do not leave food and other equipment on the lighthouse.
- There is limited power on the lighthouse so limit the use otherwise the fuses go.
- Charging electric cars is therefore not allowed.
- Follow washing instructions that are in the houses. Washout is not included and we reserve the right to bill you for up to NOK 2000, – if this is not followed.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed indoors at the lighthouse.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Driving to the lighthouse is only allowed for the disabled and for operation. Use parking space approx. 5 min. walk from the lighthouse.
- Bring your own food. Grocery can be bought at Raudeberg about 17 km from the Lighthouse.
- Arrival after 16:00, departure before 12:00
- Key you will find in a key box in the shelter outside the lighthouse. For code, call phone no. 0047 929 97 913 or send an email to email@example.com
The Kråkenes lighthouse is located on Norway’s western coast, an area notorious for its harsh weather climate. The lighthouse belongs to the community of Vågsøy, located in the Nordfjord region, Sogn og Fjordane. You will find Vågsøy and its largest town, Måløy, on the map between Ålesund and Bergen. The trip takes 3-4 hours by car from Ålesund, 6-7 hours from Bergen, and about 9 hours from Oslo.
At Kråkenes Fyr you will find the main house with the Storm /bridal- suite, the Stormhouse with 2 double rooms, family rooms with 3 & 4 beds and a weather station. About one km from the lighthouse You will find the small village Kråkenes. It is a wonderful adventure to explore the surroundings on foot. You can walk to the village, and stop by the old boathouses, the chapel with the cemetery, and four cereal mills from the 17 th. century. You might also want to climb up behind the lighthouse and explore stone formations left from the glacial period. There are also lovely spots down at the waterside to watch the beauty of the ocean and get your own fish. The next town with shops and restaurants is Måløy, about half an hour’s drive away from Kråkenes Fyr.
We also recommend taking trips by car to discover the beautiful island Vågsøy and walk along the magnificent beach Refvik and visiting the other lighthouses Skongenes, Ulvesund, and Hendanes Fyr. You might also want to visit other tourist attractions like the specially shaped stone Kannestein rock and the trading center Vågsberget from the 16 th century. Another unforgettable day trip is to drive north to the Stad region and Vestkapp, where you both meet spectacular untouched nature, and lovely beaches like Hoddevik and Ervik surrounded by steep cliffs. You might also be interested to explore the old bunkers and ruins from the second world war at Hovden.